Sixteen and rising
Ca sĩ: Carly Rae Jepsen
Album: Day and night (Continued)
Ca sĩ: Carly Rae Jepsen
Album: Day and night (Continued)
Có thể nói Carly Rae Jepsen là nữ hoàng của side B khi dự án âm nhạc nào của cô cũng luôn mang tới một bữa tiệc âm nhạc vừa mới mà vừa thân quen, và side B của cô nàng lại không hề lạc quẻ với side A của album, khiến cho các dự án âm nhạc mà cô tạo ra đều để lại dấu ấn đặc biệt trong lòng người nghe. Và Day and Night cũng không phải là ngoại lệ khi mà chỉ 3 tuần trước đó cô nàng cho ra mắt album đôi thì Carly lại tiếp tục cho ra mắt side B, biến tổng số ca khúc trong album này lên tới 32 bài hát. Sixteen and rising nằm trong phần Day và là track thứ 14 trong dự án âm nhạc này. Ca khúc là một bản nhạc với giai điệu dream pop mơ màng, nhưng đằng sau đó là một bầu trời tự sự của Carly khi cô nàng kể về tuổi 16 của mình và hành trình trưởng thành của cô. Hãy cùng mình lắng nghe và thưởng thức ca khúc này nhé.
Lời bài hát:
Written on the horizon
You were there, you were there, you were there
I was sixteen and rising
Sitting home at your table
Playing house if you dare, if you dare
I was barely surviving
So unafraid and unaware
Like her mother never knew that she was there
We drove to the island, sleeping on the ferry
Always thought you were the boy that I would marry
And I can't help but thinking it's a sin
How the good guys always try but never win
"Cause I wanted something more than ordinary
And your love was always more than I could carry
But if I" m honest, babe
Don't think of you all that often
You're just another door I had to close before I could open
I remember what you said
The world can chew you up
And then it's gonna spit you right out
But if I'm honest, babe
That's exactly what I was hoping
Ain't it funny how you said it?
I was hungry for something
A little mic at the back of the bar
They gave free magazines out
You were turned on by dreamers
Kept a bag with a business card
I moved in by the weekend
So unafraid and unaware
Like her mother never knew that she was there
We drove to the island, sleeping on the ferry
Always thought you were the boy that I would marry
And I can't help but thinking it's a sin
How the good guys always try but never win
"Cause I wanted something more than ordinary
And your love was always more than I could carry
But if I" m honest, babe
Don't think of you all that often
You're just another door I had to close before I could open
I remember what you said
The world can chew you up
And then it's gonna spit you right out
But if I'm honest, babe
That's exactly what I was hoping
Ain't it funny how you said it?
Stars like a memory
I see the light
After it dies
Stars like a memory
I see the light
After it dies
Anyways, I came across a picture of your face
It made me think about you
I was sixteen and rising